Before proceeding to rent décor from Joani Event Décor, please make sure you read, understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions that apply to every rental. If you have any questions, give us a call! We will be more than happy to go over anything you need clarifications on!
1. 50% deposit is required in order to reserve the items you have chosen for the date of your event. Booking needs to be done using an ID that clearly identifies the address and full name of the individual that is renting the items. The remaining 50% is due prior to picking up the items or if a set up or set up and take down is required, the remaining 50% is due 5 days before the event date.
2. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, all pick up rentals are to be picked up from our St.Catharines studio at a pre-arranged date and time no earlier than 10.00 a.m. on the Friday before the weekend the event is on and dropped off no later than 7.00 p.m. on the Monday after the weekend the event is on. Unless we have previously agreed in writing for an extended rental period, any late returns will be charged 20% of the total rental contract per day, no exception.
3. The Rental/Decor Agreement is based on a one-time use rental fee and does not constitute the purchase of the itemized décor, unless otherwise specified. Theft of any décor may result in criminal prosecution. You agree to pay any and all costs, including reasonable attorney fees, that Joani Event Décor may have to spend in order to collect the rental fee, to regain possession of the décor and/or to collect for damage done to the décor.
4. Payment may be made by e-transfer, certified cheque or cash. We will accept a personal check if it is received more than 3 weeks prior to the specified start time of the rental period. A fee of $35.00 will be charged for all checks that are returned.
5. Verification of rented items for pick-ups and drops-offs is to be done prior to the rented items being picked up. All items need to be returned clean of any dirt, liquids, gels, wax residue, etc.
6. You acknowledge that some of the décor rented to you may be fragile and you will act and care for the décor as any ordinary and reasonable person would. You also agree to assume full responsibility for all acts and/or omissions, negligence and/or willful, misconduct of guests or other persons at the event or assisting with the event in their handling of the décor and for any and all injuries that may result therefrom. You assume one hundred percent (100%) of the risk for you and the guests arising from the rental, use, operation, possession, transportation and handling of the décor during the terms of the rental period.
7. Any cancellation by the client of all or specific items done with less than 90 days remaining before the event will result in the 50% deposit for these items forfeited unless replaced with rentals for available items for the same amount.
8. Any décor rented by an individual is solely responsibility of the said individual and we can’t be held responsible for any items that go missing after pick-ups. Replacements will be charged for all missing or damaged items, no exceptions.
9. Pick up and drops off point is available in St.Catharines at mutually agreed upon dates and times. Please, inquire before deciding to rent any items to make sure pick up and drop off dates and times are going to work with your plan. Unless provided with 24 hours’ notice, not showing up for a pre-arranged and mutually agreed upon time for your pick-up will result in your 50% deposit being forfeited. Delivery, set up and take down anywhere in the Hamilton/Guelph/GTA areas is available for a very affordable fee. Please inquire with your date and location to receive an estimate.
10. Rental minimums for pick-ups and drop-offs are $50.
11.Refundable Security Deposit of $50 required for all rentals regardless of the amount. Once you return all of the rented items on time and in good condition, you will receive the $50 back within 3-5 business days. Any missing and damaged item fees will be deducted from the Security Deposit and any remaining amount (if any) will be refunded back to the client.
12. By paying the 50% deposit, you are accepting and agreeing to all Terms and Conditions regarding payments, cancellations and all other terms.
13. All prices are subject to 13% HST.
14. All cancellations and changes must be done in writing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org